Happy New Year! As we turn our calendars to 2019, I’m amazed and proud of the care provided to the community by the volunteers of the MetroWest Free Medical Program in 2018! Once again, our demand for patient care exceeded all previous years, making 2018 the busiest year in our 14-year history, with 2,080 patient encounters over our 82 evening clinic sessions in Sudbury & Framingham.
That included –
- 150 children who were able to go school, learn and socialize with peers because they had their paperwork
- 235 patients with high blood pressure or heart disease
- 240 women for annual exams and women’s health concerns
- 165 patients who were able to have an eye exam, get glasses or get treatment for a vision problem
- Dozens of patients for orthopedic issues and physical therapy needs, many of them who couldn’t earn a living in their hardworking job because of injury and/or pain
- 135 patients with mental health and psychiatric needs,
- And many, many more general medical and specialty health conditions.
So I want to say THANK YOU — to each and every one of you — for the important role that you play in making the MetroWest Free Medical Program a continued option for our MetroWest neighbors.